THE SYNDROME

ENTERTAINMENT OBSESSION // 2009

Stuff About Lauren...

I'm Lauren. I have two brothers, a crooked spine and I usually read magazines from the back to the front. I don't really know why; it just feels better that way. For a while I thought I'd devote my life to putting things in print (hard news, feature articles, new American fiction) but, about eight years ago, I realized that I've secretly been in love with film all my life. The crooked spine isn't going anywhere. I'm still kinda angry about that.

About the Blog...

I used to be a film critic for a newspaper. I got to immerse myself in entertainment and dissect it for other people. I miss that. Look ... there's other stuff going down on planet Earth that seems a little more life-and-death, but I love film because it taught me how to be a moral human being. Movies were my third parent. So this is why I blog THE SYNDROME.

"I'm Getting Excited ... Again"



I felt so guilty about blogging a NYT bestselling romance novel that I had to immediately post about the main event for this week.

The Dark Knight is going to be great. Even if it doesn't fully live up to the hype, it will feature the last completed screen performance of the late Heath Ledger.

Everyone is praising Ledger's turn as The Joker; of course, bad-mouthing wouldn't be easy given the circumstances. Nevertheless, we all know what the actor was capable of, coming off of a nuanced "tour de force" performance in Brokeback Mountain and a critically acclaimed bit in I'm Not There.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Bale reprise his role and waiting for Maggie Gyllenhaal to beat Katie Holmes' passionless Rachel Dawes into my far retreating memory. Bale and Gyllenhaal, both highly accomplished actors, have been over-shadowed by the press surrounding Ledger thus far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment