THE SYNDROME

ENTERTAINMENT OBSESSION // 2009

Stuff About Lauren...

I'm Lauren. I have two brothers, a crooked spine and I usually read magazines from the back to the front. I don't really know why; it just feels better that way. For a while I thought I'd devote my life to putting things in print (hard news, feature articles, new American fiction) but, about eight years ago, I realized that I've secretly been in love with film all my life. The crooked spine isn't going anywhere. I'm still kinda angry about that.

About the Blog...

I used to be a film critic for a newspaper. I got to immerse myself in entertainment and dissect it for other people. I miss that. Look ... there's other stuff going down on planet Earth that seems a little more life-and-death, but I love film because it taught me how to be a moral human being. Movies were my third parent. So this is why I blog THE SYNDROME.

Trailers to Greatness



Every now and then a trailer will come along that demonstrates exactly how all trailers should be done. Of course, the job is almost too easy if the film is already amazing. I would venture to guess that Zack Snyder's Watchmen, based on one of the most complex graphic novels of all time, is one such film.

This trailer, not unlike the trailer for 300, another Snyder jump-off, sticks out in my mind because it is emotional, visually supreme, artfully cut and it doesn't give away huge spoilers.

That means it's awesome. It has also excellently exploited Smashing Pumpkins track, "The Beginning is the End is the Beginning." I think we have a hit on our hands. Take a look at 135 seconds of absolute sci fi perfection:

0 comments:

Post a Comment