THE SYNDROME

ENTERTAINMENT OBSESSION // 2009

Stuff About Lauren...

I'm Lauren. I have two brothers, a crooked spine and I usually read magazines from the back to the front. I don't really know why; it just feels better that way. For a while I thought I'd devote my life to putting things in print (hard news, feature articles, new American fiction) but, about eight years ago, I realized that I've secretly been in love with film all my life. The crooked spine isn't going anywhere. I'm still kinda angry about that.

About the Blog...

I used to be a film critic for a newspaper. I got to immerse myself in entertainment and dissect it for other people. I miss that. Look ... there's other stuff going down on planet Earth that seems a little more life-and-death, but I love film because it taught me how to be a moral human being. Movies were my third parent. So this is why I blog THE SYNDROME.

I've Gone Pro



I finally registered for the 2 week trial of IMDB Pro. It's taken me a while because I always wanted to wait for "the right time" to exploit the somewhat handy information that the Pro site gives you access to.

Recently I came to the conclusion that there is never really a "right time" for this stuff. To be more accurate -- I'm not going to feel enough like a wheeler and dealer anytime soon to 100 percent warrant being a Pro member. So, why wait? If I wait for my legitimacy to kick in I might be waiting a long time. Meanwhile, I could've been sending a certain director love mail via Endeavor and religiously tracking an actor's StarMeter ranking like it's the price of my Merrill Lynch stock.

That said, StarMeter is about as interesting to me as the latest iPhone app. And I do not have an iPhone.

I'm not a casting director or a producer so I don't care too much about the fact that a dead man is currently #1 on StarMeter. I'm guessing, until the widespread use of CGI actors made to look like deceased stars becomes de rigeur, most producers won't let this scenario affect their casting decisions. R. Pattinson is #2 ... interesting. Kris Stewart is #1 on the female list ...

Twilight
's gonna be a hit then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment